- B.S Honors
- Student's Life
Ph.D Home Economics
Textiles & Clothing
Attended one day Seminar on “Interfaith Women Peace Building network” on 30-11.2015, organized by the Institute of Peace and Conflict Studies, UOP in collaboration with Peace Education and Development Foundation (PEAD).
One day seminar on “Humanitarianism in Pakistan”,Tuesday ,9th jan,2018 at Teacher’s community centre,PUTA,University of Peshawar.
Organized a lecture/presentation for staff and students of M.sc, dept. of Textiles & Clotihng and Foods& Nutritioon on "Diet, No Pills is the future" on 8th May 2017. The speakers were students of KMC,Peshawar.
National / International Publication:
Publications : National/International
1. Analysis Study of Pakistan and Foreign Made Wool and Wool Blended Fabrics-I, Shabana Rafique,Shahnaz Parveen Khattak, Amir Muhammad Khan. Journal of Engineering and Applied Sc. Vol 13 (1994) No. 2:109 -112.
2. Analysis Study of Pakistan and foreign Made Woolen and Wool Blended Fabrics-II. Quality Characteristics of Yarns, Shabana Rafique, Shahnaz Parveen Khattak, Amir Muhammad Khan. Journal of Engineering & Applied Science. Vol, 14.No.59 (1995)141-145.
3. A Comparative Study on the Abrasion resistance of Selected Upholstery Fabrics. Khalida Perveen, Shabana Rafique. PUTAJ. Vol 10(2003) 99-106
4. A Comparative Study on the Durability of Pakistan & Foreign made Wool and Wool Blended Fabrics. Shabana Rafique, Shahnaz Parveen Khattak, Sabiha Zafar,Sarhad Journal of Agriculture, Vol, 14, No. 5(1998) 501-507.
5. A Comparative Study on the Effects of Various Washing Powders on the Dimensional Stability of Cotton Fabrics-I, Hina Shiraz, Shabana Sajjad, Shahnaz Parveen Khattak, PUTAJ Science, UOP, Vol 13(2006)103-109
6. A Comparative Study on the Effects of Various Washing Powders on the Abrasion Resistance of Polyester/Cotton Blends, Faryal Yousaf, Shahnaz Parveen Khattak, Shabana Sajjad PUTAJ Science, UOP. Vol 13(2006) 95-101
7. Impact of Functional Finishes on the Tensile and Tear Strength Properties of Pigment Dyed P/C Fabrics by Post and Meta-Finishing Modes of Application. Shabana Rafique, Shahnaz Parveen Khattak, Bashir Ahmad and Tanveer Hussain, Faiza Tauqeer. Journal of Science & Technology Vol. 37, No. 2. (2013)71-83
8. Usage and Symbolism of Colour Schemes: A case Study of Pottery of Gandi Umar Khan. Zil-e-Huma Mujeeb, Zakirullah Jan and Shabana Rafique. Pakistan Heritage, Vol 5.(2013) 11-14
9. Pigment Dyeing and Finishing of Cotton /Polyester Fabrics with a Modified Dihydroxyethyleneurea and various Softeners.Shabana Rafique, Shahnaz Parveen, Bashir Ahmad and Tanveer Hussain. Life Science Journal Vol. 11, No. 5. (2014).165-174
10. Optimization of Fastness and Tensile Properties of Cotton Fabric Dyed with Natural Extracts of Marigold Flower (Tagetes erecta) by Pad-Steam Method. Shahnaz Parveen Khattak, Shabana Rafique, Tanveer Hussain and Bashir Ahmad. Life Science Journal Vol. 11, No. 7s.(2014) 52-60.
11. Evaluation of fastness and tensile properties of cotton fabric dyed with root extracts of Accasia Catechu by pad-steam procedure.Shahnaz Parveen Khattak, Shabana Rafique, Tanveer Hussain and Bashir Ahmad. Life Science Journal Vol. 37, No.2.(2014) 59-69.
12. Strength analysis of one-step pigment dyeing anddurable press finishing of polyeater/cotton blended sheeting fabrics with various crosslinking agents. Shabana Rafique,Shahnaz Parveen Khattak, Bashir Ahmadand, Tanveer Hussain,Farhat Shahzad..Journal of Science & Technology Vol. 38, No. 1.(2014)31-39.
13. Colour Fastness Properties of Polyester/Cotton Fabrics Treated with Pigment Orange and Various Functional Finishes. Shabana Rafique, Shahnaz Parveen Khattak, Tanveer Hussain, Bashir Ahmad, Imrana Seemi. Asian Journal of Chemistry Vol. 27, No. 12. (2015). 4568-4574.
14.Evaluating the Tensile Strength and K/S Value of Cotton Fabric Dyed with Natural Extracts of Madder Root (Rubia tinctorum) by Pad-Steam Process. Shahnaz Parveen Khattak, Shabana Rafique, Bashir Ahmadand Tanveer Hussain.Journal of Science & Technology Vol. 39, No. 1.(2015)
15. Colour Fastness and Tensile Strength of Cotton Fabric Dyed with Natural Extracts of Alkanna tinctoria by Continuous Dyeing Technique.Shahnaz Parveen Khattak, Shabana Rafique, Tanveer Hussain, Faiza Inayat and Bashir Ahmad..Journal of the Chemical Society of Pakistan Vol. 37, No. 5 ( 2015).
16. Optimization of selected binder systems for pigment colouration of PES/CO fabrics with respect to flexural rigidity and colourfastnes characteristics.Shahnaz Parveen Khattak, Shabana Rafique, Tanveer Hussain,Bashir Ahmad. and ZileHuma Mujeeb. Journal of the Chemical Society of Pakistan Vol. 37, No. 6.1112-1122.
17.Evaluation of Flexural Rigidity and Abrasion Resistance of Post and Meta-Finished Pigment Dyed P/C Fabrics. Shabana Rafique, Shahnaz Parveen Khattak, Tanveer Hussain, Faiza Tauqeer and Bashir Ahmad. Journal of Engineering and Applied Science. Vol.35, no. 2. 63-72
Moderator, panel discussion in second National Home Economics Conference may 21-24,2017
Member Scientific Committeein second National Home Economics Conference may 21-24,2017
Co-author for the Home Economics Book ( chapters of Clothing & Textiles) in text book board, Peshawar,KPK.
Award of Ph.D Home Economics Degree in May, 2015