- B.S Honors
- Student's Life
B.Sc Home Economics
The B.Sc. Home Economics University Examination for all the four parts shall commence simultaneously every year.
• University Examination shall be held twice a year, the Annual and Supplementary Examination, respectively.
• Pass marks in theory, year’s work, and practical examination will be compulsory. Failure in any one of these will mean failure in the subject as a whole. The internal examiner shall assess the year’s work and the external examiner shall assess practical examination.
• The minimum passing marks will be 33% in each subject and 36% in the aggregate.
• A student failing the first year examination in three successive chances i.e. annual, supplementary and annual examination shall be struck off the College roll.
• The Examination of B.Sc. Home Economics Part I – IV shall be open to the students who meet the above-mentioned conditions.
Students securing 60% or above marks in the aggregate of the four parts of B.Sc. (i.e. I, II, III and IV) examinations shall be awarded first division. Those who obtain at least 45% marks in the aggregate shall be placed in second division.
Gold Medal / Distinction
A student securing first position in aggregate of all four years examinations, with at least 70% marks shall be entitled to a Gold Medal provided she has cleared each part in the first examination taken as a whole. Students securing at least 80% marks or above in the aggregate of all the four years examination taken as a whole shall be awarded degree with distinction.
A student will be eligible to appear in the annual examination only if she has passed the monthly tests, the Long Tests, and the Detention examination of the College. Monthly tests and the Long Tests carry weightage in the Detention examination. She is required to pass with at least 33% marks in each subject and/or 36% marks in aggregate. Monthly tests, Long Tests, and Detention Examination are compulsory. Missing or failing these shall render the student ineligible for the Annual Examination, till deficiency in attendance or performance is completed by doing additional assignments as required by the examination committee of the College.
M.Sc Home Economics
• Regular monthly tests are held throughout the academic year and their marks are included in the internal assessment
• Attendance should be 75% to secure permission to Annual Examination. A student will not be allowed to appear in the University Examination if
1. She fails in two out of three monthly tests
2. Her assignments are below the required minimum grade target (60%)
3. If a student has been absent from the tests / detention examination, she will have to take the said examination again, irrespective of the cause of her absence
• The M.Sc. University Examination for the two years will commence annually
• The minimum percentage for passing the examination will be 40% in each subject (including theory and practical). The required aggregate to pass the Annual examination is 45%
• A panel of experts in the subjects shall assess reports of the students
• The criteria for appearing in the Annual examination will be the same as for the undergraduate students
• Rules pertaining to the Divisions and Gold Medals/Distinction will be the same as for B.Sc. Home Economics