- B.S Honors
- Student's Life
The Computer Studies Department has gone a long way in a very short span of time. The subject was recently introduced in 1998 as a compulsory subject for M.Sc. (Final). A laboratory was also equipped for the said subject. Keeping the significance of the subject in view, the course has been extended to undergraduate level as well.
Computer Studies is being offered as a compulsory subject for B.Sc. Part-I and B.Sc. Part-III since 2002. For this purpose the College has three new computers established laboratories. Furthermore, the latest teaching aids in the form of a laptop and multimedia projector have been added.
Apart from Three major computer labs, ten new departmental Computer Labs are established and equipped with proper networking, with an aim of helping students and staff to conduct valuable research in their respective fields.
Innovative and latest courses have also been developed.
1. Fundamentals of Information Technology
a) Introduction to Information Technology
b) MS Word
c) MS Excel
2.Computer Graphics and Visual Programming
b) Corel Draw
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
• To educate students about the basics of computer.
• To make the students familiar with MS Office environment.
• To enable the students surf the internet effectively.
• To enable the students to design, implement, publish, and maintain websites, using management and graphic tools
The course of Statistics is also been included in Computer Studies department.
• To introduce the theoretical framework for Statistics by presenting data graphically.
• To develop understanding about hypothesis testing.