Ms. Mumtaz Begum
Address: College of Home Economics, UoP
M.S Health Science (The University of Tokyo, Japan)
Food and Nutrition
Workshop Participated / Attended:
Workshops Attended in Pakistan :
- Attended one day workshop on BS rules and regulations, held at the Center for Human Resource and Career Development, University of Peshawar, on 21st October 2015.
- Attended a workshop and spoke on “Nutritional Counseling in the Rehabilitation of Persons with Disabilities” , held at College of Home Economics, University of Peshawar , on 16th Dec. 2014
- Attended 5 days workshop on SPSS, held at the Center for Human Resource and Career Development, University of Peshawar from 22nd to 26th September 2014.
- Attended 4 days workshop, on Writing Research Proposal, organized by Peshawar University Teachers Association, held at PUTA hall, from 12th to 15th March, 2010.
- Attended 5 days workshop, on Livestock in Pakistan, held at Pakistan Academy for Rural Development, from 6th to 10 the May, 2009.
- Attended a workshop, on Project Management , Organized by Higher Education Commission of Pakistan, held at College of Home Economics, University of Peshawar, from 23rd to 30th December 2008.
Workshops attended at The University of Tokyo
- Two days workshop on Medical Anthropology and Global Health, on July 5th, 6th, 2012, at the School of International Health, The University of Tokyo.
- Four days workshop on Demography, on 20th and 27th June, 18th and 25th July 2012, at the School of International Health, The University of Tokyo.
Awarded with best presentation for my paper on “Intestinal permeability and growth faltering of 6-24- months old Children in Chitral district Pakistan”, presented at the international workshop on Nutrition Policy to Practice in Pakistan: Exploring the challenges & research opportunities on March 8-11, 2015, at Serena Hotel, Islamabad, organized by Khyber Medical University in Collaboration with British council and Higher education commission.
One day Seminar on Research Ethics, on June 13th 2012, at Tetsumon-Kinen Koudou Faculty of Medicine, The University of Tokyo.
- Attended a one month non-credit course on Research Tools and Statistics held at the School of International Health, The University of Tokyo, Japan, from 2nd June to 2nd July 2013.
- Attended a 24 days training on PCEPT (Professional Competency and Enhancement Program for Teachers (Organized by Higher Education Commission of Pakistan Held at University of Peshawar from 11th June - 7th July 2011)
- Student Editor of the English section of college magazine MEHWAR. (2004-2005)
- Member ADB- scholars alumni Association
- Member Human Ecology alumni, The University of Tokyo
- Member British Nutrition Society
- Member Pakistan Nutrition and Dietetics Association
- Recipient of Asian Development Bank- Japan Scholarship (2012-2014)
- Gold Medalist in M.Sc Home Economics Majoring in Food and Nutrition( 2005)
- Gold Medalists in B.Sc Home Economics Majoring in Food and Nutrition (2003)
- National Award as “Star Woman in Education” the name has been included in the profile Book titled “125 Distinguished Men and Women: Leaders of the New Millennium” in the XVITH star awards 2005 by South Asian Publications. (2006)
Wrote three Chapters on Nutrition in the Text Book of Home Economics for Grade 9th and 10th (as a Member of Text Book Board Peshawar, KPK Pakistan)